Skip to content
- I am your avid outdoorswoman. I walk the woods on a daily basis. I just love being there.
- The calm, soothing feeling of being in the woods, away from other people helps relieve my depression.
- In Japan, it’s called “shinrin-yoku,” which translates as forest bathing.
- It's basically immersing yourself in nature to improve your well-being.
- But something happened last week...which made me a little hesitant to go near the woods.
- Honestly speaking, I enjoy reading your stories but I'm a skeptic when it comes to the paranormal. It doesn't really scare me probably because I think humans are far more dangerous.
- And there's probably a logical explanation for what I encountered...
- Maybe someone was playing a prank...I don't know...
- Anyway, It happened during my usual walk on a Tuesday afternoon. I got off my morning shift, tired of all the bullshit I get from shitty customers. Waitress in an overpacked and busy cafe...you get the point.
- Despite the fatigue, I was really looking forward to my walk. So I got home, took a quick bath, changed into my jogger suit and head off to the woods behind my block.
- No matter how many times I've been here, the woods still feels amazing. I guess connecting with nature is the only time I feel alive.
- I think It was around 4 P.M. when I started to head back. I was already strolling around for an hour or so. While I was deep in my thoughts, I suddenly heard someone said "Hello."
- I was shocked for a moment but I thought that it could be some jogger or doggo walker. I turned around and said "Hey"...
- .....but there was no one there...strange but not scary. I was probably hearing things due to my stress today, I thought to myself.
- Ignoring the slight chills, I proceed to walk a little faster but not until another 5 mins... I heard another clear "Hello." This time it felt nearer like it was right behind me...
- Sounds pretty cliche right. I was scared and angry at the same time. I turned around and saw someone was clearly hiding behind the tree.
- I was furious and shouted "Yo douche bag, I can see your fucking arms. Stop messing around and fuck off!".
- The man stepped out from behind the tree, looked at me and said "Hello". His tone was monotonic, it always had that same low voice pitch to it.
- And the face...the face was unusual... it's not distorted or anything, the features were normal but it had a plastic glow to it as the light bounces off the surface of his skin.
- He slightly opened his mouth without moving his lips, and said "Hello". It's like he was replaying it with a tape recorder or something.
- "WTF.."I murmured to myself. "Hello", He repeated. He started to move forward. His movements were stiff as if he was trying to walk for the first time.
- He struggled to move faster, all the while repeating "Hello.." with his expressionless face.
- I didn't know what to think of it. I wasn't scared at first, just a little confused. But the closer he came, the more scared I become. My mind is screaming
"Run you idiot, Run!"..I came to my senses and ran all the way back home.....
- All the while hearing the same "Hello" slowly fades away in the background...
no freaking idea what was that but I’ve never went back to the woods since...If any of you had a similar encounter I would love to hear from you.