- I am the captain of a medium size commercial fishing ship for more than 30 years.
- I've seen my fair share of strange shit during our expedition but this is by far the strangest.
- On the 15th of May 1996, Todd Wilkins, one of my crew mate went missing.
- Todd was a good kid. Quiet and hardworking.
- Though sometimes it feels like he has a screw loose somewhere, his heart is in the right place and all the crew loves him. He's part of our family.
- It was a calm and cold Wednesday night. All the crew has retreated into their bunker after a long day of hard work.
- I remember the cold wind brushing across my face while I was sipping my hot blueberry herbal tea on the deck.
- I was in a zen-like state until I saw a hand hanging on the rail. I froze for a moment. I thought I was hallucinating...
- I didn't sound the alarm because I thought one of my crew could've fallen off the deck...But logic smacked me right in the face.
- I've been sitting on the deck for hours and none of the crewmates was there. As I was debating internally, someone or something had pulled itself up to the deck.
- I don't know how to describe this. It was long and dark with a humanoid-like shape...slithering across the deck like a snake...
- Knowing that there is an intruder and it might be a potential threat, I sounded the alarm immediately.
- The loud blare of the alarm must've spooked the creature as it slithered out of sight.
- Within minutes, the crew came bursting out the door, thinking that a storm might be coming or something.
- I tried to explain as rational as possible so that I wouldn't sound like a crazy old fart. But judging by their confused expression, I wasn't doing a really good job.
- Nevertheless, I've instructed them to search the whole ship and after hours of searching, nothing suspicious was found.
- The crew must've thought that I was hallucinating after drinking my favourite tea and I doubted myself as well.
- The next day we were ready to head back and one of the crew noticed Todd was missing.
His belongings were left in his room, covered in a transparent slimy substance. We search the whole ship and there were no signs of struggle.
- *No, not kind of dirty-minded slimy substances that some of you are thinking about.*
- No one saw him left his room. The only thing out of the ordinary was the same transparent slimy substance found on the rail and deck.
- I knew I wasn't hallucinating. Whatever I saw that night was real, and it has somehow taken our beloved Todd. We were devastated.
- As soon as we reached the port, we immediately filed a missing person report.
- But sadly the investigation determined that there was no evidence of foul play in Todd’s disappearance and the case was closed...I'm sorry Todd.
← Older Post
Newer Post →